I was feeling very peckish the other day and realized that I needed something satisfying to snack on. Something warm and crunchy, sweet and decadent. Enter: Candied Pecans! Low carb, sugar free, delicious, and absolutely what I was wanting! They take about 30 minutes start to finish, but most of that is just waiting for them to cook so you can dig in.
Candied Pecans are so easy to make!
This post may contain affiliate links
You start with butter. Anything that starts with butter is going to be amazing, right? Right. Mmm, buttah. You know you love it, too.
As I was saying… Start with 2/3 cup of butter. Melt it gently (I did it in the microwave). Stir in your vanilla extract, pure stevia powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Then make sure to mix it all together so that it’s nice and smooth. And smelling irresistible. Toss 4 cups of pecans in the bowl with all that yumminess, spread them on a foil lined tray, and pop them into the oven.
How easy was that?!
After 12 minutes or so, take them out and give them a good stir and then cook them for 12 more minutes. I like to bake them at 300 degrees, but if you want a more well done nut you can do them at 325.
While they are cooking, mix together erythritol and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir well. Once the pecans are done toasting, pull the tray out of the oven. Give them another good stir and sprinkle on your “cinnamon sugar” yumminess (aka the erythritol and cinnamon blend). I used my fingers, but if you had a shaker you could use that, too.
These can be served hot to your guests or you can let them cool and store them in an airtight container to munch on throughout the week. These are great all on their own, sprinkled atop a salad, or on the side of your lunch on the go. Bon Apetit!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 TB vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp THM pure stevia extract powder (if using another brand, you may need more to achieve the same level of sweetness)
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 2 TB erythritol
- Melt butter
- Stir in 1 tsp cinnamon, stevia, and vanilla
- Toss 4 cups pecan halves in butter mix and coat well
- Spread onto foil lined pan
- Bake at 300 for 24 minutes total, stirring half way
- While baking, mix 2 TB erythritol and 1 tsp cinnamon together well
- Once pecans are done toasting, remove tray from oven and stir again
- Sprinkle with erythritol/cinnamon mixture
- Serve hot or let cool and store in airtight container