We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I still remember the night that I baked Cinnamon Streusel Orange Muffins with my Lil Man. We had an awesome time working together! So I dug up this post to share again; it’s a great recipe for a cool fall morning with a warm cup of coffee. We now make Cinnamon Citrus Crumbles (and sometimes add cranberries for an autumn touch of pizazz) and they are delicious!
We found the recipe online HERE and followed it to a tee, although we have since tweaked it to fit our new lifestyle (our recipe below).
- 1 1/2 cups ground oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or 1 1/4 cup coconut flour)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup buttermilk (or almond milk with 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 TB orange zest
- 1/2 TB almond extract
- 1/2 tsp stevia
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- (optional: 2 cups cranberries)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, sifted (or sub with 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour)
- 1/2 cup xylitol, truvia, sugar, or bulk sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 3 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- Mix together muffin ingredients, then fill muffin cups (fill cups a little less than usual, to leave room for topping).
- Mix together dry ingredients for streusel topping, then cut in butter and molasses to make a crumbly mix. Top muffin batter with mix.
- Bake at 350 for approx 24 minutes, until cooked.