We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Sugar free, healthy Simple Pumpkin Butter is perfect for your fall table~
One of my favorite fall treats has always been a simple pumpkin butter, but the kind I used to make doesn’t fit into my healthy lifestyle anymore. I knew I had to come up with something to fill the culinary void in my autumn menus, so I whipped up this simple pumpkin butter that has been a huge hit with my children and myself. We spread it on muffins, add it to oatmeal, use it on biscuits, and just plain eaten it off of a spoon!
I hope you enjoy the ease with which you can make it, as well as the delicious flavor it will add to your fall meals. We had it as frosting on pumpkin cupcakes this afternoon, but it’s also delicious spread on your bread for breakfast, stirred into oatmeal, or used as a substitute for butter in a recipe with fall flavors.
And it’s really easy to make! All I did was melt the butter in the microwave, stir in the other ingredients, and mix well. It took all of 3 minutes to whip up a 3 cup batch that will last my large family 2 weeks! I store it in a mason jar in the fridge, just pulling it out to soften when we’re going to be spreading it. If you’d prefer a whipped texture, whip your butter in the mixer and then add in the rest of the ingredients. Just be sure to fill
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 6 doonks stevia extract powder**
- 1 pinch salt
- Soften 2 sticks butter in the microwave.
- Add in canned pumpkin puree.
- Pour in spice, extract, sweetener, and salt.
- Stir together very well, until thoroughly blended together.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- **a doonk is equal to 1/32 tsp
- I use only 1 to 1 1/2 TB as a spread per dish.
- For those following the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating, this is an "S".