So last week I shared my first fabulous fall menu. It was filled with all kinds of decadent treats and delicious autumn flavors. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did! This week finds me incredibly busy both in and out of my home, and my simple menu reflects that. When you’re on the go, you need to have easy lunches that can travel with you, meals in a crock pot or that don’t take too much effort, and so on. I hope this week is a nice easy one for one and that this simple menu makes it even more simple; but if it’s a crazy week, like mine, then this menu is just what you need to stay eating well without stress!
One of my “go-to” tips for a busy week is to grab a couple of Rotisserie chickens from Sam’s Club. If you’re a purist, you can always crock pot or roast a couple of chickens, but I’m not there in my time allotment this week and those rotisserie deals sure do free up some time! We’ll eat most of one for dinner and have the rest of that one and the other off the bone and separated in the fridge into light and dark meat. I’ll grab and use as needed for my recipes. This time saving tip is one I utilize often when we’re on the run!
- Crock pot steel cut oats, plain and ready for your choice of toppings (E)
- Blueberry Muffins from A Home With Purpose (I’ll make a double batch of these muffins once, and have them 3x for breakfast this week with some kind of FP sipper on the side or a 1/2 of smoothie if I’m really hungry; my kids will have the muffins and a piece of fruit and a hard boiled egg)
- Scrambled Eggs and 1/2 Smoothie (this is a simple, satisfying breakfast for me that I’ll do twice)
- Egg Tacos (we’ll do this for our weekly big breakfast treat)
- Leftover burger in a lettuce wrap
- Leftover rotisserie chicken on a salad (2x)
- Rice and beans with hot sauce (kids top with sour cream; I do a dollop of Greek yogurt)
- Leftover Taco Soup with Bread in a Mug on the side
- Red bell pepper chicken salad (using the rotisserie chicken leftovers or canned chicken)
- And on PB&J day for the kids, I’ll have this Sweet Potato Skillet for 1 meal (again, using leftover rotisserie chicken)
- And because it’s a crazy week, the kids will have PB&J a second time this week and I’ll just toss some leftover chicken into a low carb wrap with some lettuce, cheese, hot sauce, and sour cream and call it YUMMY!
- Taco Soup (We’re making it “S” Style, but there are options if you want an E or FP!)
- Crockpot Ghoulash (Use ground chicken to make this an E, and sub either rice, quinoa, or dreamfields for the pasta…we’re doing a wild rice and quinoa mix)
- Breakfast for Dinner: Gwen’s Low Carb Pancakes (S)
- Rotisserie Chicken and tossed salad (how’s this for easy? I’m grabbing 2 $5 chickens from Sam’s and making up salad for the side! The kids will have dinner rolls. I’m buying two because the leftovers will be used to make my lunches for the week — dark meat for S meals and white for FP/E meals…and the bones will go in the freezer to make bone stock with for soups this winter)
- Chicken Jambalaya (S, E, or FP) (you can even use some of the chicken from the rotisserie if you have leftovers to spare)
- Grilled burgers (S)…we throw them outside on the grill or on a skillet inside. The kids will have a bag of sweet potato fries on the side and I’ll have a delicious salad (make extra for a lunch)
- Leftovers (we always have a leftover night; it keeps us from having any wasted meals!)