We may earn money from the products/companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, read our Terms & Disclosures.
Check out this list of 41 awesome at home date night ideas for married couples. Put the kids to bed and let the fun begin!
Do you ever wish you could go back to the days of dating, when it was just the two of you and you had nothing better to do than gaze into each other’s eyes?
When’s the last time you did that, by the way? It doesn’t have to be a thing of the past, my friend. You can have a date tonight!
All you need is your house, your hubby, and yourself. These at-home date night ideas for married couples are simple, sweet (and sometimes a little spicy), and sure to please.
Why Do I Want To Have An At Home Date Night?
I know, I know. You’re in the house all the time. Why on earth would you want to have an at-home date night with your husband?
Well, for one thing, you won’t have to hire a babysitter.
For another, you don’t have to spend a lot of money (anyone else a frugal mama?).
But more importantly, you can do it often. If you’re always waiting to go out, you might be lucky to have a dozen dates a year. But an at-home date night? You can have 52 of them this year. Or 100. Or 365, if you really wanted to.
And your marriage is worth keeping fresh and flourishing. It’s worth putting effort into and spending time on. That’s why this list of at-home date night ideas (that are almost free!) for married couples is one of the most awesome things you’ll read today.
41 At Home Date Night Ideas For Married Couples
- Have a candlelight picnic (inside or out)
- Movie & popcorn
- Jazz station on Pandora and slow dancing
- Card games (Rummy, Kings In The Corner, Double Solitaire)
- Truth & Dare
- Look at old photos & walk down Memory Lane
- Cook dinner together
- Make dessert and feed each other
- Watch the sunset
- Roast marshmallows over an open fire (and maybe make S’mores)
- Have a spa night in the bath
- Couples massage
- Stargaze and find your favorite constellation
- Make lattes and listen to your favorite music
- Do a project on the house together that you both enjoy
- Play strip poker
- Do a puzzle
- Write each other letters and read them out loud to one another
- Wine & cheese hors-d’oeuvre
- Board game marathon
- Binge watch a favorite sitcom
- Dress up for an elegant candlelight dinner for two at home
- Play video games
- Watch a sports game wearing your favorite team’s jersey (& nothing else)
- Fondue and cocktails
- Make homemade ice cream or ice cream sundaes
- Make your own pizza night
- Read poetry out loud
- Have a water gun, Nerf gun, or marshmallow gun fight
- Camp out in the living room and have a movie marathon
- Make a scavenger hunt that leads to a treasure
- Plan your next vacation away together and actually book it
- Build a fort and snuggle in it
- Play Twister
- Turn off your phones, computers, etc and just hang out together
- Play all your favorite songs from the year(s) you were dating and sing along, sharing any memories that come to mind
- Decorate cookies or a cake together
- Play hide and seek
Related: The Day We Danced In The Kitchen
More Date Night Ideas For Husbands & Wives
Don’t forget that praying for one another can be one of the most intimate acts you share. Knitting your hearts and souls together is a beautiful way to grow closer.
You can also read the Bible together and talk about it. Date nights don’t always have to be lighthearted and goofy or sensual and steamy. Sometimes they can be intimate and even a tad intellectual.
And if you want to get out and about every now again or just want to ramp up the at home date ideas, you can check out these posts for some more great date night ideas:
- Check out this fabulous post for date nights to have around the holidays together: Romantic Holiday Date Night Ideas
- And here are six more date night ideas you can do at home that are sure to turn up the heat! 6 At Home Date Night Ideas For the Bedroom
- In the mood to have Valentine’s romance all year long? This list of The Best Valentine’s Dates for Couples is just what you are looking for!
No matter how many years you’ve been a couple, making time to date one another is essential for marital health. Taking time out of your schedule to say, “I prioritize you! I love you and you matter to me.” is one of the most important gifts you can give your husband.
Which at-home date night will you have this week?
NEED SOME MORE DATE NIGHT IDEAS?
- Fun Date Night Ideas For Married Couples On A Budget
- 6 Bedroom Date Night Ideas Just For Married Couples
- 7 Fun Dates For Married Couples On A Budget
- Dates for Valentine’s (and any other night you want to make special!)
- Romantic Holiday Dates
MORE MARRIAGE GOODIES:
- 7 Ways You Need To Spice Up Your Marriage
- Boost Your Libido course
- 6 Steps To Refresh Your Marriage
- Resolutions That Will Destroy Your Marriage